- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 6 oz udon noodles or something similar
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium bok choy, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces, then cut sticks lengthwise
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 med jalapeno pepper sliced
- 2 Tbsp Ott's Original Wing Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Ott's Famous "The Red" Dressing
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Boil Udon noodles for 4 minutes in a quart of dark vegetable broth, or chicken broth would be fine, too. Remove the noodles from the broth, rinse under cold water, drain and set aside. Bring the broth back to the boil and add the red pepper, mushrooms, broccoli florets, and jalapeno pepper, shrimp or chicken, if using. Cover and cook for 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Return drained noodles to pot. Add bok choy, edamame, green onion, and remaining ingredients. Cover and let stand off heat for another 3 - 4 minutes until edamame and onions are crisp-tender. Serve in deep bowls with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and a sprinkling of chopped cilantro.